Privacy Statement: Information about our Treatment of Personal Data
This page describes how personal data we collect are used:
- In the course of viewing pages of the web sites ornellasiccowarren.com or learnenglishwithjames.com
- In the course of applying for a programme
- In the course of participating in a programme
This information on the processing of personal data is drafted on the basis of the GDPR
(European Privacy Regulation, 679/2016).
Anthony Warren, 8 Herrick Road, Loughborough LE11 2BT United
Kingdom. Email address: [email protected]
Types of Data collected and Purpose of Processing
In order to improve the speed and quality of the contents of the site, as well as to prevent cyber-attacks and / or guarantee security during navigation, the following types of data may be collected anonymously:
- IP Address
- Device and operating system used during navigation
- Internet connection provider
This type of data will be stored for a maximum period of 10 years from the time of collection.
Data collected through technical and third-party cookies
Cookies are packets of information sent by a web server (e.g. the site) to the user’s Internet browser, which is automatically stored on the computer and automatically sent back to the server each time the site is accessed.
Almost all web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. Typically cookies can be installed:
- directly from the owner and / or manager of the website (so-called first-party cookies);
- by managers unrelated to the website visited by the user (so-called third-party cookies). Unless otherwise specified, please note that these cookies fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the same operator.
The technical cookies used on the website ornellasiccowarren.com or learnenglishwithjames.com are:
- Session cookies: essential for the use of reserved areas and / or use of personalized contents
The third-party cookies that may be used on the site ornellasiccowarren.com or learnenglishwithjames.com are:
- Cookies installed on your device and, in particular, in your browser by third parties that are necessary for us to acquire or to enable our partners to acquire statistical information in an anonymous and aggregated form related to navigation on the pages of the sites and useful for us to improve the contents and the appearance of the site. Cookies of this type are used in anonymized form, that is, with techniques that do not collect the visitor's IP address nor allow identification of a person.
Requesting information and applying for a programme
Among the personal information collected in the application process are
- Participant identification data (e.g. surname, first name, date of birth, gender)
- Address and contact details of the participant
- Personal data and contact details of parents
- Data of the participant's identity documents
- Sensitive data such as specific health conditions and / or diseases that require special treatment
- Data about academic progress, including any learning difficulties or disabilities
- Date preferences
These data will be used for the following purposes:
- Registration for a study programme
- Design of a study programme
- Looking after participants during their programme
- To give to medical staff if necessary
- Booking flights and / or transfers on other means of transport
- Fulfilment of legal obligations
Some of these data, including some sensitive data, may be transmitted to third parties to allow the provision of services and / or services related to the study stay (e.g., activity organisers) based either inside or outside the European Union. In this case the Data Controller can be contacted for further information on the arrangements by these third parties for handling data.
In no case will these data be transferred to third parties for marketing and / or commercial profiling purposes.
By giving us these data you consent to us using it to send you news, promotions and special offers from James, Tony and Ornella Sicco Warren and / or Learn English with James.
Videos and photographs
During preliminary meetings and our programmes we may take photographs or videos of participants and/or their work. These data may be:
- Circulated to other participants and parents/family members of other participants in the same activity or group
- Included on our web site or in our other promotional material, without including any other associated personal information such as a name, address, contact details, employer or the name of the school or college attended.
Before using these photographs and videos in this way we will ask the permission of the participant or, if he/she is aged under 18, of a parent / guardian.
Method of treatment
The Controller will take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or destruction of Personal Data.
The processing of data can be done in paper, electronic and automated form. The transmitted data will not be in any way transferred or sold to third parties, except exclusively for the purposes related to the provision of the requested services.
Rights of the interested party
Interested parties may exercise certain rights with reference to the Data processed by the Data Controller. In particular, each interested party has the right to:
- Withdraw consent at any time.
You may revoke consent to the processing of Personal Data previously expressed.
- Oppose the processing of your data.
You may object to the processing of your data when it occurs on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access Your Data
You are entitled to obtain information on the data processed by the Data Controller, on certain aspects of the processing and to receive a copy of the Data processed.
- Verify and ask for rectification
You can verify the correctness of this data and request update or correction.
- Obtain a limit on processing
When certain conditions are met, you may request a limitation on the processing of your data. In this case the Data Controller will not process the data for any other purpose than their conservation.
- Obtaining the cancellation or removal of personal data
When certain conditions are met, you may request the Data to be deleted by the Data Controller.
- Receiving your personal data or transferring them to another holder
You have the right to receive your data in a structured format, commonly used and readable by automatic devices and, where technically feasible, to obtain the transfer without hindrance to another holder. This provision is applicable when the data are processed with automated tools and the processing is based on the consent of the interested party, on a contract to which the interested party is a party or on contractual measures connected to it.
- Making a claim
You may lodge a complaint with the competent personal data protection supervisory authority or act in court. To exercise these rights, the interested parties can direct a request to the data controller using the contact details indicated in this document. The request will be processed by the data controller as soon as possible and in any case within one month.RETURN TO HOME PAGE
Get your Speak English with Confidence ebook
Learn how to speak English with confidence, become more fluent and expand your vocabulary.
Get your free ebook.